Wednesday 15 December 2010

'The Narrative Of Cloth'

These are photographs of a piece of work I produced at a textile workshop at my university. The title for the one day project was 'The Narrative Of Cloth', at first I struggled to think of a way in which I could produce something for the brief but then bought a long skirt from the charity shop and so I began to think of a story for the fabric. I also found a little key cabinet/box and so decided to do a small piece involving threads and keys and then later put it with the skirt. The fabric to me, told a story of an older woman with the key box representing things that she's held onto and things kept secret/memories that she is connected to. Someone said to me that the box appears to symbolise the woman's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment